close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Thursday, March 14, 2013

Isager Trunk Show

Yup, you heard me.
I opened this box and immediately tried on all of the samples from the new Isager trunk show.  And now I love them all.  

The basic cardigan, appropriately named Vanilla for it's classic simplicity, features an interesting lateral braid that adds a subtle detail without distracting from the overall shape.  The fit is flattering and very wearable.  This would be a bit of a time commitment in terms of the knitting, but you know you would wear it every day.
Lemon also uses the lateral braid up the center front and back, and the construction is unusual.  The front and back panels are worked first, and then stitches are picked up for the sides and batwing sleeves.  I tried this one on, too, and I was really surprised at how flattering it was.
This sample was knit with Spinni, and it is lofty and light as a cloud.  We just restocked our supply of Spinni this week, so there are many fresh colors on the shelves for you.

Olive.  Oh, lovely Olive.  
I believe this piece is to blame for my obsession with Amimono and Isager.  I saw this popping up on the Ravelry pages of European knitters and I went a little crazy trying to put my hands on the pattern.  The original pattern book is out of print, but we have single copies of the pattern available at the shop for you.

The trunk show also features a few scarves and wraps.  The Zig Zag Scarf, available as a single pattern, is a classic.  The stitch pattern is so very supple in the Alpaca 2, also freshly restocked.  Wow, this is a nice yarn.  I never seem to have any scarves when winter hits, and this one is a winner.  I think it would make the prefect man scarf, too, in a nice dark color.
So many of you fell in love with the Bump Scarf during the yarn crawl, so we restocked the pattern book for you.
If you're feeling ambitious, the book also contains the Bump Stole, a larger, rectangular version with all the bobbles you could ever want.  Both of these are worked in Spinni, and they are light as air.
These will be with us for the rest of March, so come down and have your own little dress up party!

No comments:

Post a Comment